Gender & Sexuality Resource Guide
● 4 Ways to Be An Ally to Bisexual People (Mashable)
● 10 Things You Need to Know About Asexuality (Williams College)
● The A.B.C.’s of LGBTQ+ (New York Times)
Facts About Suicide The Trevor Project - Preventing Suicide
● Intersex: What Is the “I” in LGBTQIA+? (CU Denver News)
● It’s Time to Invest in Black Trans Power (Vogue)
● Queer People of Color Led the L.G.B.T.Q. Charge, but Were Denied the Rewards (New York Times)
● When Someone Comes Out To You: DO & DON’T. (It's Pronounced Metrosexual)
● What Does the Asterisk in “Trans*” Stand For? (It's Pronounced Metrosexual)
● Redefining Realness by Janet Mock
● Coming Out Handbook (Trevor Project)
● Guide to Being a Straight Ally (Straight for Equality)
Movies, Documentaries and TV Shows
● The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Disclosure (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Moonlight (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Paris is Burning (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Pose (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Saving Face (Available to stream on Amazon Prime)
● Sex Education (Available to stream on Netflix)
● Family Acceptance Project — www.familyproject.sfsu.edu — "Research, intervention, education, and policy initiative that works to prevent health and mental health risks for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) children and youth, including suicide, homelessness, and HIV – in the context of their families."
● GLAAD — www.glaad.org — Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. "GLAAD works with print, broadcast, and online news sources to bring people powerful stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality.
● GLSEN — www.glsen.org — Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network. "Every day GLSEN works to ensure that LGBT students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment."
● It Gets Better Project — www.itgetsbetter.org — "The It Gets Better Project's mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them."
● National Gay and Lesbian Task Force — http://www.thetaskforce.org/ — "The mission of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force is to build the power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community from the ground up." They also run Creating Change the "largest annual gathering of LGBTQ activists, organizers, and leaders within the LGBT movement" in the US.
● The “Not All Like That” (NALT) Project – http://notalllikethat.org – videos of (awesome) Christians (mostly families) explaining how they fully support LGBTQ people and that being Christian shouldn’t mean being anti-gay.
● PFLAG — www.pflag.org — "Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies United with LGBT People to Move Equality Forward."
● The Religious Institute - http://www.religiousinstitute.org/ - Religious Institute is a multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society.
● The Transcending Gender Project: http://www.transcendinggender.org
● Transgender Law Center — www.transgenderlawcenter.org — "Transgender Law Center works to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression."
● The Trevor Project — www.thetrevorproject.org — "Crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth.
● From the Vaults: Transgender History Podcast
● LGBTQ&A: Interviews with LGBTQ+ celebrities and influencers
● Making Gay History: LGBTQ+ History Podcast
● Coming Out LGBTQ+ (Amaze)
● How To Be A Better Trans Ally (ft. Janet Mock) (Tyler Oakley)
● What Are Gender Pronouns? (Bloom)
● What It's Like To Be Intersex (As/Is)
● Asexual Visibility and Education Network — www.asexuality.org — "The world's largest online asexual community as well as a large archive of resources on asexuality."
● Bisexual.org — www.bisexual.org — "A voice to the bisexual community, share accurate information, answer questions, and provide resources for further learning."
● Everyday Feminism — www.everydayfeminism.com — "Learn how to heal from and stand up to everyday violence, discrimination, and marginalization," with plenty of articles about class, gender, LGBTQIA issues, and race.
● Get Real — www.getrealeducation.org — "Comprehensive Sex Education That Works."
● TransWhat? — www.transwhat.org — "A Guide Towards [Trans] Allyship"
● We Are The Youth — www.wearetheyouth.org — "Sharing stories
● WikiQueer — www.wikiqueer.org — "The free encyclopedia and resource for the queer communities that you can edit.”